Friday, March 11, 2011

Merry March

Oh, March…named for the Roman God Mars, bringing spring, rain, flowers, more rain, and of course a slew of fun and exciting holidays.

March brings Mardi Gras, St. Patrick’s Day, and one of my personal favorites, National Pi Day.  Many know March is National Women’s History Month as well as Red Cross Month.  Some investigating on my part showed me another interesting side of March.  I didn’t know that it is also National Nutrition Month, National Peanut Month, and National Irish American Month.  And in honor of the latter, this blog is dedicated to my favorite Irish American: my husband.


I was lucky enough to cross paths with John in the winter of 2004.  Since then, we have been inseparable and built a beautiful family and life together.  Now, we are embarking on the next journey of our lives together, and every day I am reminded how lucky I am to have him by my side.  

Thank you to a man who bakes a mean cake, does loads of laundry, washes endless loads of dishes, and then turns around and slaps my ass as I walk by.  John is never afraid to be what I need, from manly maid to hunky hubby.  He knows my strengths, makes up for my weaknesses, and most importantly, has the patience to deal with me.  I’m glad to put his name first when signing Sara’s Sweets newsletters, because I know I could never do this without him [and in all honesty, it just sounds better with his name first].  

In honor of National Irish American Month, I say thank you to John Paul Borders, the best thing to ever happen to me.

For your smile is a part
Of the love in your heart,
And it makes even sunshine more bright.
Like the linnet's sweet song,
Crooning all the day long,
Comes your laughter and light.
For the springtime of life
Is the sweetest of all
There is ne'er a real care or regret;
And while springtime is ours
Throughout all of youth's hours,
Let us smile each chance we get.  
-When Irish Eyes Are Smiling 

Merry March!!

Peace and love
John and Sara
Sara's Sweets N Treats  

No comments:

Post a Comment