This is the first post in a series of blogs that centers around our holiday cookie selection. We pride ourselves on having not only great tasting cookies, but unique tastes for everyone's palate. Check out our holiday blog to see a list of the wonderful cookies you can choose from this season.
I'm beginning with our Spiced Chocolate Wafer Cookie only because I just finished the dough and it is chilling in the fridge right now. It's also not your ordinary cookie.
WARNING: This cookie is not for everyone! It is not for the faint of heart as you will soon see. It combines a marvelous combination of flavors that taste buds just love; it is one spicy cookie.
I stumbled upon this recipe last year while perusing Food Network for cookie recipes. It's my go to for my first wave of research. And yes, I research every recipe I use. I will often spend days looking for a recipe that suits my and my customers needs. This one struck me because it combined two things I do not normally put together: chocolate and peppers.
Right now you are either thinking A. Ew, that is nasty or B. Hmm, sounds interesting. Either way, this cookie is worth reading about. It's a twist on our love of treats that are sweet and savory, but with a kick in the teeth. As mentioned before, this is not a cookie for everyone. But for those of you who love chocolate the way I do and enjoy the wonderful heat from peppers, this cookie is a must try!
Hershey's natural cocoa along with white and brown sugar give this cookie its chocolaty, sweet base. On the side of spice, there is cinnamon, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. You read correct: black and cayenne pepper! It is not overpowering to take away from the sweetness of the cookie. Instead, it beautifully compliments the deep richness of the chocolate for a taste unlike any chocolate cookie before.
This cookie is wonderful dressed in nothing. However, there is an option to make this good treat even better. A bit of dulche da leche [think a relative of caramel-I will blog about that later....mmmmm] drizzled on top adds to the sinful combination of sweet and spicy.
Sound delicious?? Let us know if you are interesting in taste-testing one. It's a wonderful and different addition to the rest of our holiday lineup.
Don't forget to visit us on Facebook. Check out our posts, browse the photos, and be our friend!
Because everyone needs a good dessert.
One love,
Sara's Sweets N Treats
No comments:
Post a Comment