Saturday, January 29, 2011

Valentine's Day

For a long time, I've always had mixed feeling about Valentine's Day.  When I was young and bitter, I was mad I didn't have anyone to spend it with.  As I got older, I realized that it was a smart ploy by candy makers and Hallmarks everywhere to make a quick buck between New Years and St. Patty's Day.  I don't need a special day on the calendar to tell my loved ones how I feel!!

However, most of us have been sucked into the glitz and glamor of Valentine's Day.  And you know what?  That's OK!  I must admit, I just love getting a little card from my kids, or my favorite candy from my husband.  And of course I love baking sweets and treats for my loved ones, because nothing says "I love you" like their favorite dessert!

Whatever you choose to do on Valentine's Day, make sure your loved ones know how much they matter!  
 Happy Valentine's Day to you and your families from Sara's Sweets N Treats! 

No comments:

Post a Comment